I wrote on this blog pretty steadily from January 2004 to early 2015, and then it started a slow (but graceful!) decline until it was finally put to bed in February 2016.
A few ways to explore:
- Scroll back to see the last two posts, my collected wisdom on renting cars and booking flights, after 15 years of travel writing.
- The very first post (this became a chapter in Forking Fantastic!)
- All posts about the travails of a guidebook author
- A very important post about vintage hotels, and another about motels
- All posts about cooking from Robert Farrar Capon’s wonderful book The Supper of the Lamb
- My series of counterintuitive travel tips and reasons travel is better when you’re older
- All posts about Queens, and NYC in general
- All posts about New Mexico
- All posts about Thailand
- All posts about Mexico (including a multimedia extravaganza!)
- Assorted posts about the Middle East and greater Mediterranean: Egypt, Syria, Turkey, Morocco, Lebanon, Greece, the UAE, and even Qatar