Please tell me this is a hoax.
(Sorry–embedding didn’t work. Fundamental flaw in the viral-ad-campaign plan… So open that up in another window, watch a few minutes, and come back and tell me what you think.)
Because the only thing more condescending and creepy-imperialist than dreaming up this ad would be going out and actually doing this.
- I guess I’m a prude, but I hate the use of the word “virgin” in context like this (ie, all non-sexual contexts).
- Romania is really that out of the loop?
- Lugging that Burger King broiler contraption into Greenland seems very Herzog-ian.
- Did the film crew have moral qualms about this project?
- The food around 6:30 looks delicious, although I’m afraid I’m meant to think it’s nasty-looking.
- The credits say thanks to “all the people who took us into their homes and fed us.” Which made me almost weepy.
- Watching this, I feel like I’m listening to a horrible fairy tale I already know the ending to: the Whopper is the poison apple.
- The sad thing is, I kinda like Whoppers.
(Thanks to Peter for the link.)